Salsa Verde




Almost ready! 


I went to my favorite taco joint in Brooklyn (read the review) on Friday, and as usual I slathered everything in salsa verde until my mouth was on fire. On Saturday, I spotted tomatillos at the Bushwick Farmers Market and knew exactly what I needed to do.

Salsa Verde!  

Ingredients

•8 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
•1 Serano or Jalapeno pepper
•2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
•1 medium white onion, quartered
•2 tbsp fresh lime juice
•1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
•1/4 - 1/2 cup water 
•Salt to taste 

Method

In a large skillet, dry roast (do not add oil to the pan) the tomatillos, chili pepper, onion, and unpeeled garlic over medium heat. Roast, turning vegetables over quite frequently, until they begin to blacken (remove garlic earlier as it begins to brown).

Remove stem and seeds from pepper (or leave the seeds in, if you would like a hotter salsa like I do!). 

Place dry roasted ingredients in food processor and add fresh lime juice and cilantro. Blend and add water until desired consistency.

0 comments:

Post a Comment