Aux Vivres Dragon Bowl



I recently visited the beautiful city of Montreal. At vegan restaurant Aux Vivre I tasted the most memorable dish of my trip. The Dragon Bowl just knocked my socks off. The sauce, in particular, embedded itself in my memory. Back in Brooklyn, I absolutely needed to recreate this bowl and I've come incredibly close! I haven't tasted dragon sauce in weeks, but what I have made is so delicious it has me dancing around the apartment. 

Ingredients

•Brown rice, cooked
•Lettuce
•Carrots
•Beets
•Red cabbage 
•Sprouts
•Daikon 
•Extra firm tofu 
•Toasted sesame seeds 

Dressing

•Nutritional yeast
•Tamari
•Sunflower oil
•Water
•Honey or sugar
•Garlic

Method

The Base

Base of bowl is traditionally comprised of brown rice and lettuce - but lettuce works well on its own 

The Veggies 

Peel carrots and shave with vegetable peeler

Peel beets and shred with cheese grater

Peel daikon and slice as thinly as possible

Slice cabbage thinly 

The Tofu

Slice tofu 1/2 inch thick and press dry with paper towels

Pan fry tofu, using sunflower oil (or preferred oil) in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat until golden brown and crispy 

The Dressing 

Makes one serving

•3 heaping tbsp. nutritional yeast
•1 and 1/2 tbsp. tamari
•1 and 1/2 tbsp. sunflower oil 
•1 and 1/2 tbsp. water
•1 small clove garlic, minced
•1/2 tsp. honey (or pinch of sugar) 

Stir ingredients together in small bowl with fork until incorporated 

The Assebmly 

Scoop in 1 cup brown rice and cover with lettuce 

Arrange carrots, beets, daikon, cabbage, sprouts and tofu on base

Drizzle with dressing (or serve on side) and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds 







0 comments:

Post a Comment