Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter






Today I made ravioli using nothing but my bare hands and a wine bottle. What a great way to spend a morning and a delicious end result. With that being said, I plan to buy a pasta maker post haste!

I used Tyler Florence's pasta dough recipe, Mario Batali's brown butter recipe and my own filling recipe.  Links and filling recipe below!

Ravioli Dough by Tyler Florence 

Tips: 1) Make the well in the flour very deep! 2) If rolling by hand, roll dough as thin as humanly possible. 

Butter and Sage Sauce by Mario Batali 

Sage advice: Could use more sage.


Mushroom Ravioli Filling 

Ingredients 

1 lb. assorted fresh mushrooms, diced (I used baby bella, shiitake and button) 
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic minced
3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley 
2 tbsp. red wine
Salt
Pepper

Method

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, shallot and parsley and saute for approximately 7 - 10 minutes, or until softened. Add wine and saute for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.




0 comments:

Post a Comment